Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hey everyone, I just wanted to note that you must be really careful as you are researching any online mattress sites. I just researched one of the product lines that I currently carry on a couple of websites and found a whole bunch of mis-truths, exaggerations, and flat out lies. There really is not anyway to police these websites that are just thrown up there by people who have never sold mattresses before. Anybody can go to Godaddy.com and start their own website and claim to sell the cheapest, best, healthiest whatever. That is really too bad. I recently had a customer email me and ask what to do about a mattress they bought from a bed in a box type website, where he bought a mattress from someone who had no idea what they were selling. But they put a bunch of stuff online that sounded good (too good to be true), and sold a very cheap mattress to this customer that was not all is said it was. So how do you disseminate all these "best" claiming mattress stores on line. Simple, make sure the website has a store front, somewhere that is open to the public, otherwise you could be buying someones used mattress out of their basement. Secondly, call the store and ask to speak to the owner. The owner ought to have extensive experience in the bedding industry and ought to know everything about the product he or she sales as well as the entire bedding industry as a whole. The owner also ought to know what makes his product different besides the usual "cheapest price" and "we carry name brands" banter that is so prevalent in our industry. After a good conversation with the owner, you ought to be able to make a pretty good discernment of whether he or she is your typical salesman who is just out to make a profit or someone who is deeply passionate about what he or she does. For instance you can call The Green Mattress Company any time and ask about our product, why we carry it and so on, but you can also call and ask for me (Wesley), the owner and I will be happy to talk to you. I don't even mind if my salespeople give out my own personal cell phone number to customers because I enjoy what I do, and I enjoy helping customers, even if you are not going to buy. I helped the aforementioned man who bought that cheap mattress online with three or four emails and a few hours worth of correspondence all because I know what I am doing and I truly enjoy helping customers out. So do your homework, but be realistic. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Call the store your looking at. Most good stores have a 1-800 number (Green Mattress Company-877-666-6007). Ask them a ton of questions, email them and make the best buying choice based on your level of trust with that company you are dealing with.

Questions-Comments-877-666-6007 http://www.greenmattresscompany.com/

No comments: